Monday, January 14, 2013

Journal 1 Assignment


ENC 1102 Spring Term
Chandala Hagans

Journal 1 assignment

Already I find difficulty with this first assignment.  I took ENC 1102 several years ago and have no recollection of most, if any of the details from the course and structure frame at this time.  I feel that some of my writings strengths are; being a naturally creative, imaginative person and an abstract thinker. I believe that I am able and capable to not only to become a more efficient writer but also learn the tools needed for becoming a good writer.  If I set my mind to the course and determination not to fail then successfully passing this course and gaining the knowledge to be a good writer is possible.  Some of my writing weaknesses are; poor memory and recollection of proper writing skills, technique and grammar errors. I also am a slow starter and need lots of positive reinforcement in order to retain information and get the hang of what I am doing. I am not the most computer literate nor in possession of up to date technology knowledge.  I am very comfortable that this course physically meets every week (unless an emergency arises). So far, the classroom environment has been pleasant and appeared conducive for students like myself.  Some perceived challenges to success in this class are; poor time management skills in relevance to balancing out all of my responsibilities. Again, I am not the most computer literate or technology savvy person.  I am old school when it comes to learning techniques. I do well with books, pen, paper and face to face interaction. I think that my discomfort with the demand for technology based assistance and my poor flexibility with adjusting to new things will make me have to work that much harder in order to obtain at least an above average grade.  I am excited to be back in school and plan to give this course one hundred percent.

2 comments: